The mission of the PTO is to be a powerful voice for all children, a relevant resource for families and communities, and a strong advocate for the education and well-being of every child.
- To promote the welfare of the children and youth in home, school, community, and place of worship
- To raise the standards of home life
- To bring into closer relation the home and the school, that parents and teachers may cooperate intelligently in the education of children and youth
- To develop between educators and the general public such united efforts as will secure for all children and youth the highest advantages in physical, mental, social, and spiritual education
What PTO Stands For
- Collaboration: We work in partnership with a wide array of individuals and organizations to accomplish our agreed-upon goals.
- Commitment: We are dedicated to promoting children’s health, well-being, and educational success through strong parent, family, and community involvement.
- Accountability: We acknowledge our obligations. We deliver on our promises.
- Respect: We value our colleagues and ourselves. We expect the same high quality of effort and thought from ourselves as we do from others.
- Inclusivity: We invite the stranger and welcome the newcomer. We value and seek input from as wide a spectrum of viewpoints and experiences as possible.
- Integrity: We act consistently with our beliefs. When we err, we acknowledge the mistake and seek to make amends.
Support the PTO
The number one reason to support the Copper Canyon Parent Teacher Organization is to benefit your child. In doing so, you also help CCES. But there are many more advantages. Here are just a few:
- Get Connected. There’s no better way to know what’s happening at CCES.
- Discover Great Resources. The PTO offers a variety of programs designed for parents as well as students.
- Tap Into a Network. Parenting is not easy – it helps to share ideas, concerns and experiences with other parents and educators in the community. PTO functions are opportunities to meet other parents and teachers, building rapport and discussing issues that are on your mind.
- Watch Yourself Grow. By volunteering with your PTO, you gain valuable experiences. It’s an opportunity to put your skills and hobbies to good use for a good cause – your child and all children in the community.
- Speak Up. Because the PTO is a forum for exchanging ideas, you are encouraged to make suggestions.
- Witness Improvement. By getting involved at your child’s school you’ll be part of the solution, helping to make positive changes. CCES PTO plays an important role in fundraising to provide building improvements, curriculum-based programs, and social events – all vital to our school’s success.
- Be a Role Model. By being a PTO member, you’ll be demonstrating to your child the importance you place on education.
The PTO is a community that encourages student achievement and enriches the learning environment. We believe in building partnerships between our families and our school.